Monday, January 13, 2014

Gravical 2014

And thus marks the end of my hellish weekend of practically zero sleep, school assignments, AVventura and Gravical 2014.

Got 6th for finals. Haha. Kinda disappointed in myself actually. Guess I felt like I lost out to myself on beta. I topped the first two routes albeit quite a few attempts. But if I had topped the last route I would have gotten 3rd haha. My brain was playing tricks on me. I couldnt think Clearly. I fell off the start like 3 tines hahaha. And I really should have smeared the wall to go for my next tile after getting the bonus. I kept trying to step the damn far foothold and couldnt jump from there. Sighhhh. Mistakes that I'll never forget. If I had topped the route I would have gotten 3rd. Sigh it all comes down to that one moment. Just one lapse.

Worse still I pulled my right thigh muscle. Felt the tightness and pull before the comp and I guess I didnt feel anything during the comp; adrenaline rush. After the comp, when I finally sat down. The pain came crashing back to me. Sharp pain, numbness then inability to use control or raise my leg.

Onsite medics sprayed salonpas spray on me then this smu lady, Janelle, helped me to massage the affected area. She was very nice to me. Appreciated her help. And alot of pple were kinda concerned about me quite touched. Haha.

Weitheng even got his friend to send me back and Trent became my walking stick. Supported me to walk around. Haha and he tried to piggyback me to the toilet. It was so epic and I felt like I nearly died. He squatted all the way down to pick me up then lost balance. I fell over him and almost uhm hit the ground, luckily carol grabbed my arm. Then when I dismounted, he did the same, lost his balance and toppled over, onto me and my injured leg. Oh God. That was so painful. I know he was trying to help la, but after he toppled over he just kept laughing.

We had dinner at ichiban sushi tgt.
Ky, trent, shukri, haziq, carol, weitheng and his friend and me ate tgr. Actually still got liling, guoan, Kenneth and another one of their friends but they went ahead to eat cos they were hungry and we were still deciding haha. Happy to know that they bothered to come down support uh haha.

On the bright side, I won their space race. Not too shabby prize although I would have rather gotten a beanbag than a fingerboard. Quite a few other vouchers, petzl backbag and a drybag. Haha.

Anyway, no time for regrets now because I have to recover, heal my injury and train hard for the India comp. Having paid $500+ for it, I wouldn't just want to give it up even tho im injured. Haha. Shall climb abit here and there to let it recover but maintain. I think I need to train more. I feel so lacking in sth. Sigh.

Feeling kinda low actually, cos I have been podiuming last year, but this first comp of the year didnt go too well. Also lack of sleep all these are but excuses. I gotta push thru and pick myself up thru these moments. :-)

To better, stronger times.

No comments:

Post a Comment